Creating the best quality scented candles and long-lasting reed diffusers is our passion at Lara Quin. Our mission is the home fragrance Holy Grail - scent that fills your home and that lasts. So how can you look after your candle to get the most out of it? Here are our top tips to ensure your candle burns cleanly and evenly in your home:
- Dust is the enemy of your candle, it will prevent a clean, even burn and affect the scent throw of your candle. Either use a candle cover to protect the surface of your candle, or simply use a clean, dry cloth to wipe it over before burning to remove any impurities.
- Burn for 2 hours the very first time you light your candle - or until the full surface of the wax has melted evenly - this is to stop 'tunnelling' (where the wax just burns down the core of the candle).
- Always trim the wick to 5mm before each time you light it to ensure an even, steady burn (this will maximise the life of your candle, too).
- If you get any soot on your glass, simple wait until the glass has cooled completely and wipe away with a damp cloth.
- Draughts decrease burn time and will mean your candle runs out quicker. They also reduce the 'scent throw' as they are literally blowing the fragrance away. Ensure your flame is burning evenly and upright, rather than flickering or at an angle.
- Keep your wax clean and clear of any ash or match debris - these will pollute the wax and affect the scent and how evenly it burns.
- Always use a snuffer to extinguish your candle - save your puff for birthday candles! Blowing out your candle will spray wax on your glass votive and can create a 'well' in the centre of your candle.
We hope these tips help! If you have any questions about how to get the best out of your luxury scented candle from Lara Quin - follow us on Instagram (@laraquin) and ask away!