| Jessica Seaman
Too much smoke? Wax melting unevenly? Consider this your luxury scented candle 101 - we are perfectionists at Lara Quin and take our home fragrance very seriously. After hand pouring and blending our candles to create the ultimate home fragrance collection - we want you to get the best out of your candle once it's in your home, here are our tips...
- Dust is the enemy of your candle, it will prevent a clean, even burn and affect the scent throw of your candle. Either use a candle cover to protect the surface of your candle, or simply use a clean, dry cloth to wipe it over before burning to remove any impurities.
- Burn for 2 hours the very first time you light your candle - or until the full surface of the wax has melted evenly - this is to stop 'tunnelling' (where the wax just burns down the core of the candle).
- Always trim the wick to 5mm before each time you light it to ensure an even, steady burn (this will maximise the life of your candle, too).
- If you get any soot on your glass, simple wait until the glass has cooled completely and wipe away with a damp cloth.
- Draughts decrease burn time and will mean your candle runs out quicker. They also reduce the 'scent throw' as they are literally blowing the fragrance away. Ensure your flame is burning evenly and upright, rather than flickering or at an angle.
- Keep your wax clean and clear of any ash or match debris - these will pollute the wax and affect the scent and how evenly it burns.
- Always use a snuffer to extinguish your candle - save your puff for birthday candles! Blowing out your candle will spray wax on your glass votive and can create a 'well' in the centre of your candle.
We hope these tips help! If you have any questions about how to get the best out of your luxury scented candle from Lara Quin - follow us on Instagram (@laraquin) and ask away!
Did you also know you could Follow my blog with Bloglovin ?